There are so many reasons! Here are a few:
1. Fit - “CBC’s World’s Best Fitting Last.” CBC’s stock boots are built on proprietary lasts developed by Kip Carpenter. Our lasts were created based on data gathered from over 10 years worth of custom speed skate scans. In addition to providing the best average fit, our lasts account for some of the most commonly seen issues in speedskaters’ feet. For example, over his years of scanning, Kip observed that many skaters have a pronounced navicular bone. We are the only brand that offers extra space in our stock boots for the navicular bone.
2. Function - Over 10 years of research and development went into the creation of CBC’s disruptive boot technology. We scoured the globe for the highest quality, brand-name materials available and have drawn on the expertise of leading professionals in the orthopedic and aerospace industries. When you select CBC boots, you are selecting a high performance, high quality, durable product developed by technical experts with more than 30 years of competitive skating experience. Our stock boots are produced using the same cutting-edge build design as our elite custom boots.
3. Industry Knowledge - Our product developer and company founder Kip Carpenter is an Olympic medalist, former U.S. Olympic coach and U.S. Speedskating Hall of Fame member. In addition to founding and running Carpenter Boot Company, Kip is currently the equipment manager for the KNSB Dutch National Short Track Speed Skating Team. Kip is arguably one of the world’s leading experts in speed skating equipment technology. Kip’s brother and CBC co-owner Cory Carpenter is also an Olympic speed skater and former club coach. Based on past and present experience, no speed skating equipment manufacturer is better tapped into the needs of today’s top skaters.
4. Family - CBC is a small family-owned brand founded by skaters for skaters. When you join the CBC Tribe, you join our skating family. As a member of The Tribe, you have access to a wealth of knowledge gathered over decades of experience in the elite skating and coaching communities. Questions about what types of equipment are right for you? Questions about skating in general? Hit us up with anything. We’re happy to share our expertise with you.
5. Customer Service - When you work with us, you are working with a company owner. We are passionate in our commitment to our customers. We’re grateful for the opportunity to help you achieve your skating goals.